About Jon Herreman
BUSINESS AND REAL ESTATE LAW PRACTICE
Jon represents clients in a wide range of commercial real estate, finance and business matters. Jon regularly acts as counsel to financial institutions and other lenders in connection with business and commercial real estate loan transactions. He also represents clients in negotiating and structuring debt and equity transactions using a mix of traditional and non-traditional funding vehicles, including institutional financing, tax incremental financing, historic tax credits, new market tax credits, disaster relief bonds, HUD guaranteed financing, immigrant investor (EB-5) financing, property assessed clean energy (PACE) program financing and mezzanine and subordinated debt.
Jon represents owners, developers and investors in connection with the purchase, sale, development, leasing and financing of commercial real estate projects. He has significant experience in the hospitality industry. He represents developers and owners of hotels both locally and nationally in connection with all aspects of hotel ownership and development, including the purchase, sale, franchising, development, construction, financing, management and operation of hotels. He is lead counsel for the developer and owner of four major downtown Milwaukee hotels.
Jon also serves as outside general counsel to a number of businesses, including a locally based international contract manufacturer of food and chemical products, a commercial bakery and full-service real estate services firm. Recently, he represented a client in the successful sale of its business to a private equity group in the food and beverage industry.
For Jon, the most satisfying aspect of practicing law is when a client views him as a trusted advisor and part of their team. He cares greatly about his clients and their continued success. He particularly enjoys helping parties work toward a shared goal in a business transaction, despite tough negotiations or disputes that may arise along the way. He believes the primary role of an attorney is to provide sound and practical legal advice so that clients are in the best position to make business decisions and achieve their goals and objectives. Clients appreciate Jon’s practical and direct advice.
Jon is a Wisconsin native and chose to return to his home state to practice law following law school. He is the President of the firm and was the managing shareholder of its predecessor. In his personal time, Jon enjoys biking, hiking, fishing and cooking. He is very active in his church and several local charities. Jon is married and has two adult children.
PROFESSIONAL DISTINCTIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5.0 Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Included as Best Lawyers in America since 2016
- President, Mallery s.c.
- Board Member-Journey 21, Inc.
- Past president, board of directors, Hope House of Milwaukee, Inc.
- St. Thomas More Lawyers Society—Guest House Ministry
- Past board member/treasurer, Blue and Gold Fund Ventures, Inc. (Marquette University Student Run Business Program)
- Adult leader for youth work camp mission trips through church
- Guest lecturer, Marquette University College of Business Administration (Real Estate Program)
- Adjunct professor, legal writing and research course, Marquette University Law School
- Recipient of the Jeff Gilbert Memorial Writing Award—Drake Law Review
- B.A., Marquette University, 1988
- J.D. Drake University, with Honors, 1991
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association,
- Business Law Section
- Real Property, Trusts and Estate Law Section
To reach Jon, send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him directly at 414-727-6262.